The Place for Healthy Living News
From the moment you first learn of your pregnancy, life has a way of taking on a whole new meaning. While this is a precious experience that seems to pass by quickly, the steps you take for your health and well-being during this time may affect both you and your unborn child for the rest of your lives. Here are some tips that may help you have the best possible pregnancy experience and provide your child with a healthy start in life.
- Attend all scheduled doctor's appointments and medical examinations.
- Get adequate vitamins and minerals. While your body may absorb these dietary necessities better through food intake, you should always follow your doctor's recommendations for ensuring regular amounts.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day to prevent dehydration, and to promote healthy cell development for both you and your unborn child.
- Exercise regularly. Low-impact activities such as walking are suggested. This is not only good for your overall health, but may also prepare your body for childbirth as well.
- Prepare for your child's arrival early. This may prevent unnecessary stress in the later weeks of your pregnancy.
- Take medications that are not approved or prescribed by your physician.
- Place yourself in high-stress situations that are avoidable.
- Spend a lot of time in one position without repositioning yourself. This applies to lying, standing, or sitting for long periods of time, as this may cause muscle cramping or water retention.
- Consume alcohol without first consulting with your doctor. This may cause harm to your unborn child or affect the diet or medications your doctor has recommended during your pregnancy.
- Spend excessive amounts of time in the sun. This may cause dehydration and heat-related illnesses.